Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bad times and sales for Claire's Accessories

I cannot even remember the last time that I was in a Claire's Accessories.

I used to love them. I remember when we would come to the UK as a child and I would BEG to be allowed to go to Claire's to get crappy earrings that would turn my ear lobes green or scented stickers or terrible body glitter. I now shudder at the thought of even going into one.

So apparently, I am not alone in this.

Claire's have posted losses in recent years but this quarter posted $299.6 million in sales which is a loss from the previous year at $320 million. Also, the previous year (2014) it was $353 million and in 2013, $354 million. It's dropping year by year.

Its interesting.

A lot of places are reporting changes lately in the way that teens shop. I've seen a few articles about the drop in sales in department stores (malls) and also, a few teen stores that have gone out of business due to a lack of interest. It's been curious to see.

I think there is this weird lack of change happening within the teen market. The teenager of today is very different then when I was one. I think we can safely thank the internet for that.

Adhering your business plan to one that worked in the 90s is not going to work. Teens today need content marketing and to feel that they can interact with the brands. Not to mention, hiring better buyers comes into play here.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar