Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MEADOWLARK GARDENS ON 10-27-21 - PART 2

 I found these in one of the flower beds before we went inside the visitor center.  I was happy to see them blooming and looking so healthy at this time of the year, and the small bee was enjoying a snack.  These are Echinacea Sombrero Lemon Yellow Coneflower~

And quite a jump from flowers to this little chap.  Straight through the doors of the visitor center and immediately to the left is a terrarium that contains Sunshine (I named him long ago).  He is a Bearded Dragon I have shared before.  I always stay for a few minutes and we have a little chat.  Usually there are no others around and perhaps they would think this quite odd, but it's been a habit since childhood.  I was always bringing home things that my mother found good homes for.  There were no bearded dragons where I lived of course, but there were frogs.  We had a cat, a dog and several rabbits but there was always room for more.  The pet white rat I told you about before, which my friend's mother told me I could have, according to my mother, was very homesick for his own family, and she had to take him back.  (My mother had her own conversations with all living things, including the white rat.)  I was upset but I understood.  It hadn't been long that I had returned from a school trip, and I had been terribly homesick.  There are other terrariums in the visitor center.  These contain fish and frogs, but Sunshine is the only one I have a conversation with.  He looks at the lady with her face near the glass, with an expression of understanding that makes me smile.  "Uh-huh." he says. 
More views of the Fairy Garden mentioned in Friday’s post...  
with the visitor center in the background.
and the tower can be seen where the remaining fairies are still fitting in some flying practice.
Several of the trees are being decorated with fairy lights.  
It was interesting to go to the garden to see all the work being done for their Winter Walk of Lights starting in November.  You can check that out at this link.  It is going to look very pretty in the dark.  We had a small preview in all the shaded areas around the garden.
Further down the hill we saw people working.  All these fixtures had sandbags on their bases to stop them from falling over as they hadn’t long been placed in position.  






These will be very pretty also.






















I am looking forward to coming back for the Winter Walk of Lights, to see everyone's hard work come to life.  I have more photos taken at the garden, but that's all of the decorations for now.

Thanks for joining me today and enjoy the rest of your week.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar