Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Something to say

Hello anyone who is reading this. Thank you for doing so!

As you can see it has been over a month since I last wrote. I obviously had a break from writing anything (and from having any free time) over the school Christmas holidays. Then we had a couple of weeks where snow messed up my plans to get back into writing.

The short story that I mentioned in my last post taught me a lot. As I mentioned, I did not spend a lot of time on it, and needless to say it did not make it into the top five stories as far as the judges were concerned.

However, I have since entered another short story competition here: Reading Writers. This one was for up to 1000 words, and I spent a lot of time and care on this story. I enjoyed it so much more as well. I felt a mixture of excitement and dread when I clicked on the submit button to send it off.

I have heard today that this story has made it through the first round of judging. I am so excited that I keep looking at the website just to see my name on it. To be honest, I have no illusion that it will get any further but I feel like a winner for getting through the first round.

You may have picked up on my supreme lack of confidence already. This news has given me a much needed boost, and at last I feel the urge to get writing again.

More soon!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar