Yesterday morning I started clearing out the front flower beds. They were pretty well ignored last year. They were overgrown with grass and weeds as I didn't put down new mulch and I only weeded once last year. I spent most of my time creating the flower beds in the backyard.
I only got half of the beds weeded and mulched yesterday and it looks like we are going to have rain for the next four or five days so I won't get back to it any time soon!
This is what the beds I worked on looked like before I started working on them.
This is what they looked like when I was done. I haven't purchased any new plants for here yet. I will put something under the angel. She came from my mom's garden.
This is to the left of the previous photo. There used to be a very pretty shrub where the small violet plant is.It had pink flowers, but a couple of years ago it started dying and try I as I might, I couldn't save it. Hubby dug it up for me yesterday and there was a small bit of green growing out of it. I put that in some water and hopefully I can save it and have that beautiful shrub again.
I'm always amazed at what a huge difference the mulch makes! I saved marigold seeds from last year's plants and I planted them all along the outside edge of the beds. I'm hoping that they will grow and create a pretty, colorful border.
How is your garden growing?
Thanks for dropping by...

0 Yorumlar