Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Real Seattle Hawk

Snaps along my daily walks ...

Cooper's Hawk 

Fascinating to meet Matt and Patti
 attending a Cooper's Hawk
at the waterfront park.

The bird is examined and information is recorded.

A moment before release.

Lift off.

Just after sunrise, waterfront park.

Mt Rainier in the distance.

Baseball stadium across the bay.
AKA T-Mobile Park
W = Win? Washington?

Start of today's walk ... September 4th

Ships ...

The Emancipator.


Installing a Fishing Reef marker ...

Happened upon a
"Fishing Reef marker" being placed.
August 26th about 8AM

Via Google:  Reefs are basically underwater structures,
 mostly created naturally.
More info:  FishAnywhere.com

Next day ... Reef marker is in place
 near Grain Terminal 86
August 27th

A couple of Foss tugs passing.

"The Protector"
A Crowley tug/fireboat
More info:  TugboatInformation.com

At anchor ... awaiting a terminal for unloading.

Anna's Hummingbirds ...

Green on green!

Female Anna's

Observation: Their eyesight seems incredible
for such tiny eyes.

Arrival
Note a few red throat feathers ...
this is an immature male.

Beak defect but otherwise seems heathy.

Closer look ... beak defect

For those of you who enjoy critter photos like I do, take a look at Saturday's Critters. Eileen has posted photos from her visits to Bombay Hook NWR in Deleware and Blackwater NWR in Maryland.

Sky watch ...

Nature's spotlights.

Foothills revealed.
The view is west, from Seattle,
 to the Olympic Mountains.

Sun, appearing from thick cloud layer, into
mostly clear sky, created unusual afternoon sky.
September 3rd

After sunset, September 3rd
End of the day ...

A sunset favorite from earlier in 2021
snapped from home.
Closing thought ...
"If I am, then death is not. If Death is, then I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
     Epicurus

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar