I went out this mid-morning to finish getting the garden turned and planted and checked on my little squash plants that I had got last weekend and noticed that they were a little droopy. So I got the small bucket and went to get some water out of the rain collector and was startled to see these two unlucky creatures looking up at me.
They weren't in there yesterday afternoon because I used most of the contents of the barrel to water a variety of plants I have put in out there. So I surmise that being nocturnal creatures, these two possums managed to get themselves stuck sometime last night.
I tipped over the barrel but they were hesitant to exit
so I finally tipped them out altogether. They sat there for a little while warming up and occasionally shaking the water out of their fur.
Pretty soon mom headed for the nearest cover and hunkered down under the mock orange by the fence.
Junior followed her a little bit later but paused for awhile in the sun behind where the hummingbird bush grew last summer.
I was working nearby in the garden, checking on them now and then. I kept telling mom that they were safe and to go on and get in their burrow under the house. Eventually junior joined mom under the mock orange and she watched out while junior took a little nap.
Eventually, I guess she felt safe enough to join him. I went in for a break and when I came back out an hour and a half later, they were gone.
* NDE – near death experience








0 Yorumlar