Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hospitality, Or The Lack Thereof


I have really missed people, other than my immediate people, of course.  We are used to having young people in and out of the house, and also having our own friends over on a Sunday afternoon.

I didn't realize how much until I was reading in "At Home In Mitford," by Jan Karon. (I'm wanting to re-read the whole series)  In chapter four called "Company Stew" Father Tim plans and hosts a dinner party.

He invites 5 people, which will make 6 for dinner including him.  He prepares for 8, but can't think of two other people to come with the guests he already has invited.  Its a happy thing, because somehow Uncle Billy and Miss Rose have heard about his dinner party and just happy to show up in time for dinner!  

I chuckled, and laughed along with the guests at Uncle Billy's jokes, and enjoyed the friendship of the group of invited guests.  Don't we all wish we knew someone like Miss Sadie?

That chapter left me with a sadness though.  It made me realize how much I miss hospitality.

As soon, as we are free to get together again, I'm going to start up a monthly dinner party.  I'm going to invite people that know each other but sometimes I'm going to invite people who only know us, and let them become friends with each other, too!  

It's one of the joys of my life to introduce my friends to each other!

What about you?  Are you missing people?  Travel? The ability to be spontaneous?







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar