Every Tuesday, I'll be posting the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book I decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s). Feel free to grab the banner and play along. This week's "intro" is from: The Girl Who Played With Fire (book 2 in the series).
(1st paragraph of prologue)
"She lay on her back fastened by leather straps to a narrow bed with a steel frame. The harness was tight across her rib cage. Her hands were manacled to the sides of the bed."
(1st paragraph of the 1st chapter)
"Lisbeth Salander pulled her sunglasses down to the tip of her nose and squinted from beneath the brim of her sun hat. She saw the woman from room 32 come out of the hotel side entrance and walk to one of the green-and-white-striped chaise lounges beside the pool. Her gaze was fixed on the ground and her progress seemed unsteady."
(Although I really liked book # 1, this one has me totally addicted. I read the first 147 pages in one sitting.) Have you read this one? What do you think?



0 Yorumlar